.
Date: Sunday, May 15, 2011 @7:16 PM.
Title: GE (+)



Life has been super hectic! From tests to assignments to tutorials and PW. Have constantly been staying up late these few weeks, which sucks cause a sleep deprived me is an angsty me. /: In short, life in school has been pretty depressing. Got our PW group (I know I've been complaining soo much) but yeah by the looks of it I really have to work harder this year. Am thankful for S though (I really shouldnt be naming people I know) or else this would more or less turn out like Personal Work, not Project Work heh. :D

Anyway, that aside, the main reason why I came back to blogging is really the General Elections, probably one of the biggest events of this month. I think politics can be really interesting, but too much of it can be a bother. I was a little surprised at the number of anti-pap Singaporeans this elections, evident from the number of people who turned up at all the opposition's rallies, esp. those of the Worker's Party. Attended the rallies of SDP, NSP and WP, but I wasn't moved by their speeches, more of cynical heh. Maybe I'm just too pragmatic, and stuck with the idea that PAP is still the best party around. I thought the opposition parties have been too hard on them, and undermining all their efforts over the past few decades. Like how when PAP throws a personal attack on an opposition, (Eg calling the NSP the No Substance Party), it's deemed as wrong and unjust, but when the opposition does it, you see a totally different picture instead. Singaporeans expect the PAP to be perfect, and we constantly undermine/forget all the efforts put in my PAP over the years, and constantly yearn for an opposition voice in parliament. Opposition in parliament is okay I guess, but I felt that giving up two ministers for an opposition was definitely too high a price. ): It's probably gonna be a long time before we find a minster that's as devoted as Mr George Yeo, and as commited to serving the people. Yesyes, people aren't irreplacable but then again, while Singaporeans gained an alternative voice in parliament, we lost our voice to the world.


I must learn to love the fool in me.
The one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, love and hates, hurts and get hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cry.






3/4Laxatives'10 Benjamin Felicia Francis Jiayu Joyce Julia Max Queenie Siying Sue TeckChye Yuxian

Layout by thegatecrasher / Brushes: X X
« Previous Newer »