.
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 @7:47 PM.
Title: (+)


& We'll walk this endless journey together , as a team :]

Had this short but really meaningful talk with jiao lian yesterday night , reflected alot , & learnt alot more , about the team , and about life . We started talking about the team ; about the people going into main 6 , about the whole team's performance , about everything that seemed important at that moment . & I seriously learnt alot from him lahh . Hes one great coach alright , one that never gave up on us , one that kept holding on to that glimmer of hope that we'll get top 4 in zonals next year , one that only wants the best for our team . He never blamed us for being mad at him on Monday , & he still kept on thinking of words to encourage us , to motivate us on to train harder , to make us do well next year . When he ended the convo with a message saying ' I'll not give up on you all. You all will still train hard for my west zone top 4. ' It totally set me thinking alright . Hes totally different from the guys coach , who simply just gives up on the guys cause of their attitude , he won't give up on us , cause he believes that we can do it , we'll be able to achieve something next year . At that moment , I really wanted to meet our goal , to get a medal next year , not for us , but for him - for everything hes given us , for not giving up on us , always .

This batch of C div girls are great , really . You girls made me see so a totally different side of volleyball . Back in Primary school , top 4 in zonals , going into nationals , top 4 in nationals - those things just seemed so easy at that time alright . Getting those isn't a bonous , its a must . We never had problems like this back then , and I daresay our team wasn't as bonded as you girls are now . We never really had a problem with winning matches , & we never needed any of these team talks w/o the coach around and all those reflections . No , we weren't great , we were just playing volleyball for the sake of getting medals , bringing honour for the school . And that's that . But you girls are totally different . You made me see how much team bonding is actually needed for the team to do well . You girls made me see how much effort it actually needs to achieve something . If we actually manage to get something in zonals next year , I daresay I'll treasure just that medal more than those 30+ medals I already have in my room - cause that medal meant so much tear-shed , so much sacrifice from the team , it means so much more than just plain volleyball .

I don't know if Wai Mun's going to leave the team not , cause if she is , we'll just have to make do with that alright . Yes , she plays a very important part in the team , but if she continues playing just plainly for the sake of doing so , then I don't see any reason in making her stay . She needs some time to cool down , to think abt what she actually wants , and whether she wants to continue helping the team . We really need alot of sacrifice and dovotion in this last month , hence the attitude . If we want to do this , we'll need to have a postive attitude towards the challengers ahead , and face them together alright ?

Had this really long talk with my mum yesterday night , abt the 10 days trip to whatever country lahh . I told her that my team's currently having alot of problems , and I wanna help them . & she said something like ; If you're too stressed then change CCA lahh , or else , go Nan Yang join same CCA lorh . PUIIIIII , then dont want lahh ! Im not going to leave the team just cause of some setbacks alright , we'll face them together yeaa :] Honestly , I've never regretted turning down that DSA , coming into RV instead , joining volleyball , being with you guys , cause I love you guys , real alot . We'll hold on together , right till the end :]


I must learn to love the fool in me.
The one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, love and hates, hurts and get hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cry.






3/4Laxatives'10 Benjamin Felicia Francis Jiayu Joyce Julia Max Queenie Siying Sue TeckChye Yuxian

Layout by thegatecrasher / Brushes: X X
« Previous Newer »