.
Date: Monday, October 12, 2009 @2:29 PM.
Title: (+)


"I tried being normal, but it was so boring, so I went back to being myself."

(Okay I just accidentally deleted the whole chunk of words I was typing an hour ago. I think blogger hates me for not updating after so long. Hahah. Damn.)

Exams are officially over. :D And I'm finally updating after what seemed like a month or so. Well, this year's mugging seemed more fruitful as compared to that of previous years. :D I never used to be able to study straight for like 12 hours or so, but I guess I'm more motivation this year, somehow. Hahah. But the ironic thing is that, I used to be able to finish heavy subjects like Biology in a day, taking about 2 hours or so for one chapter, but now I need like two days or so, taking about 5 hours of each chapter. Ahwell. I'm feel like I'm beginning to lose that interest for subjects I used to really like, like Biology and Literature. ): I mean, yes it's still interesting and all, but I seriously hate studying for Biology. There's like so much to cover and even memorizing beforehand doesn't help, cause one will most probably forget everything a few days later or something. And Literature Paper 1 was difficult! I totally blanked out when reading the question on the poem, and when I finally thought of points to write there wasn't enough time to fully elaborate on them anymore. Hahah. Sharlene's answers were classic though. :D "What impressions of place and time can you get after reading the poem?" "The time shown in the poem is over a very long span. This is because from the poem, it mentioned "sea of leaves". It takes a very long time to accumulate a sea of leaves." Hahahah totally classic! :D Literature Paper 2 was a whole lot better, though we had to write like two whole essays with only one and a half hours, and my hand doesn't last that long! It kindda died after I finished writing the first essay, and it totally didn't want to write properly for the second essay, so my writing turned out really crappy. :D Hahah. I bet Mrs Law's gonna have a really hard time marking my paper, whoops. I thought Chemistry was difficult too. I can't believe I actually spent hours on the year 3 topics, but only so little came out. They practically flooded the whole MCQ with like year 2 topics, which sucks like mad. :D Haha. Ahwell. I still think Literature paper was the hardest, followed by Chemistry, then Mathematics paper 1, Language Arts, Chinese, and Mathematics Paper 1. (I don't know about CID, though. The questions are like really weird, I didn't know what I was writing half the time, all the research I did during the past few days weren't really relevant, and before I could even get into the mood of doing, the paper's over. Hahah.) Anyhow, I'm really glad it's all over. :D Let's just hope the results don't come back so quickly. Heee.

I don't really like EOEOYs though,I don't have that "Omg yaye it's over" kind of feeling in me anymore. I'll list out all the pros and cons of EOEOYs, and you can see why it isn't actually as good as it sounds anymore. (:

Cons:



1) There wouldn't be anymore early dismissals, going home at 10plus in the morning/going to school at 10plus in the morning and not get caught for being late anymore. :D Hahah. I like how we can go home and nap or go out if there's like no major paper the next day or whatsoever. :D School now dismisses at like what, 2pm every day, which sucks cause there isn't much time to do practically anything after school, eh.



2) Life can get really really boring after EOEOYs, no? I mean, yes one can always go out every day after school and all, but there's seriously nothing to do after you get back home. (Minus all the packing of room, filing of notes that are most probably just strewn around the room during the study period), reading, facebook, facebook, and more facebook, and then there's nothing else to do. Hahah. That's why I prefer normal school days (without exams) cause like at least there's something to keep you busy at home, even if it spells homework. Lol, at least then one won't feel like they're wasting their life away.



3) Results! I think the worst part about Examinations is not the studying period, nor the actual Exam period, but actually the getting back of results. I mean, you can just not study during the studying period, write rubbish on test papers during the exam period and get away with it, if there wasn't such a thing as results, right. Results are like the most evil of the lot. It forces one to face reality, to know how much of their hard work actually paid off. And for people like me, results sucks cause somehow they never turn out really good. Hahah. And it sucks even more when you've worked so hard for a subject, but end up doing really badly for it or something along that line, right. :D



4) Lessons. Some of us may be going like, "Aiyah but after Examinations already can sleep during lessons." Hahah. That's what you think. Most of the teachers will obviously still continue with lessons after Exams, and then you just sit back, sleep and not lesson, and on the last day of school they'll most probably surprise you with a "Okay there'll be a test on Term 1 Week 1 next year, and the topics will be what I've just thought", or something like that, and then you realise that yay you're screwed, cause did she even teach?! Hahah.

Yepp. I think the only good thing about EOEOYs is that there wouldn't be anymore late night cramming of notes, mugging like mad or anything related to all that anymore. :D For once you can slack all you want (and get really bored in the end) but not feel bad about it. :D Yups.



Okay, on a pretty random note, caught this movie with Poopy yesterday. :D Bused down to Great World City with her after school, had breakfast at Macs, walked around aimlessly, then movie-d. :D Hahah. Haven't done so for ages, the last movie I actually managed to watch was about a whole month ago, I think. Yepp. The movie's okay, not really awesome, but at least there're still funny moments, and the plot is really quite unpredictable. :D Hahah. Yepp. Okay, I shall end my long long post on an abrupt note, ciao. :D


I must learn to love the fool in me.
The one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, love and hates, hurts and get hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cry.






3/4Laxatives'10 Benjamin Felicia Francis Jiayu Joyce Julia Max Queenie Siying Sue TeckChye Yuxian

Layout by thegatecrasher / Brushes: X X
« Previous Newer »